Get Unity & Begin Your Game Project
Go to unity.com and you shall see something like the image above depending on the time you visit the link and what changes Unity may have done by then.
- The little “Get Started” Button shall remain the same anytime. Click it :)
- Get the free personal version.
- There are a few other options but when you are starting, personal is the way to go. (please note that as far as core features are concerned, there is no difference between these options.)
- Accept the agreement and download the tool called Unity Hub. (This will handle versions of Unity that you’d use with your projects. )
- Open the downloaded file and install Unity at the preferred location.
- To access the Unity hub, you will need an id that you can create on the same site. This id is going to allow you to access the entire ecosystem of Unity.
- Once you have your id ready, head back to the local Unity hub and sign in.
- After sign in, you shall see a window having multiple options such as projects, learn, community, and install. These options are pretty self-explanatory.
- However, just for specificity, the install option allows you to have numerous Unity versions as per the availability. So, you can create your project using any of the installed unity versions of your choice.
- Now, go to the “Projects” tab and select “New” to start with 2D, 3D, or any other config. This should land you in the world of Unity in a few moments.
Thank you very much :)